Komodo dragon training – level 1
This news is from a zoo in the USA. A Komodo dragon lives there. It is a big lizard. It is 14 years old.
Zookeepers train this lizard. They show it a picture, and the animal must come to it. If it comes, they give it something to eat.
The lizard has a camera on its back. The keepers can see what the animal sees.
Difficult words: lizard (an animal which is like a snake but it has four legs), zookeeper (person who works at a zoo and helps the animals), train (to teach something or someone).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos