Komodo dragon training – level 3
San Diego Zoo keepers have target-trained a 14-year-old Komodo dragon. Trainers are increasing Sunny the dragon’s daily activity and teaching him how to walk to certain targets.
According to the zoo, the activity will help keepers easily move Sunny to different areas without sedating him.
Trainers encourage the large lizard to walk towards certain targets, rewarding it with a treat when it arrives at the proper destination.
Sunny is also trained to wear a camera mounted on a harness to his back. The footage helps zoo keepers see the training activities through the lizard’s eyes and understand his perception of the target training sessions.
Difficult words: target (thing or area that something wants or wants to get to), sedate (to make somebody or something sleep or be sleepy by giving it a drug), treat (a small reward), mounted (fixed), harness (straps which fit around an animal), footage (video), perception (view).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.