Large landslide in China – level 2
Recently, it rained heavily in China. The water caused a large landslide in a village in southwest China.
It happened in an area where four villagers collected herbs. Earth and rocks covered them. Rescuers came quickly to search for them. They evacuated locals because large rocks still fell down the hill.
They found one person. This person went to hospital. They could not find the other three villagers.
Difficult words: herb (plant which makes food taste better), rescuer (somebody who saves people), local (somebody who lives in a specific area).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Who is stronger? Man or nature?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.