Largest Aircraft in the World – level 2
For the first time, the world’s largest aircraft took to the skies. The Airliner 10 spent nearly two hours in the air and reached 914 metres.
This aircraft is massive – it is as long as a football pitch and as tall as six double-decker buses. It can fly for up to five days. It costs 25 million pounds to make and it can carry heavier loads than a jumbo jet, but it is quieter and eco-friendlier.
The makers, Hybrid Air Vehicles, believe that it is the future of aircraft, and that one day we’ll be using them to get places.
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.