Larry King Dies – level 3
Larry King, giant of US broadcasting who achieved worldwide fame for interviewing political leaders and celebrities, died at the age of 87.
In his six-decade career, King conducted an estimated 50,000 interviews, including every US president from Gerald Ford to Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, the Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, and Lady Gaga.
King’s popular CNN talk show ‘Larry King’ Live ran for 25 years, and the talk show host was famous for his suspenders and rolled-up sleeves. The program was broadcast around the world, and it was a success with audiences. King earned a number of honors; however, he was also criticized for his non-confrontational approach and open-ended questions.
Earlier this month, King was reportedly treated in hospital for COVID-19, and he died as a medical center in Los Angeles, US.
Difficult words: suspenders (a pair of straps that stretch over a man’s shoulders and they hold up his trousers), non-confrontational (not aggressive and dealing with situations calmly), open-ended question (a question that cannot be answered with a simple yes or no and that has more possible answers).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.