Laughter yoga – level 3
Bad day at work? Well, how about a bit of laughter yoga?
Yeah, consultancy firm ‘Inspire 2 Aspire‘ run the classes, which boss Mahesh believes eases stress and increases productivity and creativity among staff.
“When they are doing laughter yoga with us, and we’ve incorporated all of development into it, and they just love it. They actually want to express appreciation and gratitude, but somehow in the work place they’re like oh I don’t think it looks that good. So, that builds very good relationships. Productivity goes up. Creativity goes up in the workplace.”
So why is this type of yoga so great? Well, apparently the body cannot differentiate between fake and genuine laughter.
According to experts, humour can boost the immune system and lower blood pressure, and laughing for around 15 minutes can burn around 40 calories.
Laughter Yoga International now claims over 600 clubs in 60 countries.
Difficult words: bit (little), aspire (to desire and word towards achieving something), incorporate (mix), appreciation (feeling good about something), gratitude (being thankful), differentiate (understand the difference), humour (something that is fun or funny).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.