Lava Goes to the sea – level 2
In Hawaii, USA, a volcano is erupting. Its lava has traveled six miles to the Pacific Ocean, where the red-hot rock is mixing with the cooler ocean.
Officials said that the lava is not making any problems for nearby towns, but people need to stay away from it. Tourists are still visiting the lava to see it and take pictures.
Difficult words: erupt (explode), official (a leader of a place).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos