Lava Goes to the sea – level 3
This spectacular footage filmed from a helicopter shows red-hot lava meeting the sea.
The Kilauea volcano in Hawaii has been erupting for the past two months. The molten rock has now traveled six miles to the Pacific Ocean.
Officials there say that the lava isn’t putting towns in danger but have warned tourists to keep their distance. But despite this warming, people could be seen near the flow, taking pictures and watching the spectacle.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.