Law Change in South Korea – level 2
In South Korea, there is a law which bans abortions. People first put it into place 66 years ago. Abortions are legal in the country only for some situations such as if she is in danger of real life, or if someone raped her.
The Constitutional Court of Korea looked into the law, and it says that it is against the constitution that abortions are illegal. The court says that a pregnant woman must have the right to choose. The Korean parliament now must change the law by the end of 2020.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.