Leader’s Health – level 1
Kim Jong-un is the leader of North Korea. His family rules North Korea since 1948. Many people think that Kim is not healthy.
Kim is at a meeting about the coronavirus on April 11. The media in South Korea say that Kim has a heart operation on April 12. They do not say any details about the operation.
April 15 is a holiday in North Korea. Kim’s grandfather has a birthday party. Kim is not at the party. The media start to speculate about Kim’s health.
The US is interested in Kim’s health too. North Korea is an important country for the US. The US need to know the truth about Kim.
South Korea officials watch the situation in North Korea. They do not have any information about Kim’s health.
Difficult words: rule (to lead a country), speculate (to have different ideas about what happens and why).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos