Leader’s Health – level 2
The world media is speculating about the health of the North Korea leader, Kim Jong-un. Kim attended a coronavirus meeting on April 11; however, he has not appeared in public since the meeting.
On April 12, South Korean media said that Kim had heart surgery. On April 15, there was the birthday celebration of Kim’s grandfather, which is an important day in the country. However, Kim did not come to the party, and media started to wonder why.
North Korea plays an important role in world politics, so the US wants to know the truth about Kim’s health. It is difficult to find out the truth because different media provides different information. South Korean officials said that they did not see anything unusual in North Korea, and nothing suggests that the leader has serious health problems.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.