Lebanese Protests – level 2
Lebanon has dire economic problems, and first, Lebanese people paid higher taxes. Then, the government wanted to tax messaging websites and programs, and people began to protest.
The government scrapped the tax, but the protests did not stop. The people now want new leaders in the government that do not belong to political groups. They asked for 30 leaders to give up their jobs to new and different leaders. Since then, four leaders gave up their jobs.
However, most protesters do not believe that the government is going to fix the problems.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.