Legal Action against the UK – level 2
The European Union (EU) started legal action against the UK.
The UK did not nominate its candidate for the EU Commission. British officials say that there are general elections in December and that the UK does not nominate people for international posts during this time.
It was a plan that the new EU Commission started on November 1, one day after the Brexit.
However, the new date for Brexit is in January, which means that the UK is still a part of the EU, and it must nominate a candidate for the EU Commission. The new EU Commission can start working only after all EU countries choose a candidate.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.