Legendary Nazi Train – level 3
Legend has it that in 1945, the Nazis filled a train with up to 300 tons of gold, jewels, and masterpieces and then drove it into secret tunnels in an area of Germany which is now part of Poland.
There is no evidence that the train or any trains ever existed and searches have been fruitless.
A group of Polish enthusiasts decided to build a full-size replica of this famous train, and the group is building it in a former wood processing factory. So far, the group has built an armoured wagon, which is over 12 metres long. Next, the enthusiasts will build three armoured freight cars and an armoured locomotive.
Then they will rearrange everything and connect it to a tunnel, which will give the impression that the train has arrived to be loaded. The group hopes that it will become a tourist attraction which will revive the area’s popularity.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.