Lego Death Star – level 1
This news is about Star Wars. Are you a fan? People make a big Star Wars model. You can see it in England. The model is made from Legos. 500,000 pieces of Legos make it.
It is 860 kilograms heavy. It is three metres high. Fifteen people build it for 3 months. It is a model of the Death Star. The Death Star is a weapon. There are fighter jets around the Death Star. They are attacking it.
People can turn on light and sound effects with the model.
Difficult words: weapon (a war machine), fighter jet (a warplane).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like Star Wars?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos