Leonard Nimoy died – level 2
Leonard Nimoy died in the morning of Friday the 27th of February. He was an American actor known for playing Mr. Spock – a “Star Trek” character.
The cause of his death was a pulmonary disease which made it difficult for him to breathe. Mr. Nimoy said last year that he had the disease, and he attributed it to his years of smoking.
Leonard Nimoy also played in other TV series, but people will forever remember him as Spock.
Difficult words: character (a person in a film or a book), pulmonary (relating to the lungs), attributed something to something (to say that something is caused by something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a fan of Star Trek?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos