Leonardo’s 3D models – level 2
Leonardo da Vinci was a renaissance man – a man of many talents. He gave us the Mona Lisa and the Last Supper, but he also sketched machines from the future. For example, he sketched the helicopter.
People turned his drawings into 3D models and the models are now on display in the Science Museum in London this month. You can see many interesting models there, including a 15th century diving suit designed for sabotaging enemy ships.
Difficult words: sketch (to draw quickly), sabotage (to destroy).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these models?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.