Lesotho election – level 3
Last week, the Revolution for Prosperity Party (RFP) won in Lesotho’s election.
A millionaire diamond magnate named Sam Matakane created the party in March this year; however, the party emerged as the country’s biggest single party after the election. It doesn’t have a majority in Lesotho’s parliament, so it’ll need other parties to help it change the government.
RFP promised a new era of leadership and prosperity in the country with exploitation of natural resources and competitiveness.
Lesotho is a landlocked area within South Africa with years of political instability. Since 2017, the current governing party named All Basotho Convention ran the country of 2.14 million people.
Difficult words: magnate (a rich and influential businessperson), prosperity (the state of being successful and rich), competitiveness (the ability to be as good or nearly as good as others).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos