Less Plastic in China – level 1
China has a big problem with plastic. A lot of people live there. They use a lot of plastic. Then they throw it away.
The Yangtze River is there. It is very polluted. There is a lot of plastic in the water. All of the plastic goes into the ocean. There is a lot of plastic everywhere. It is bad for the environment and for people’s health.
The country wants to change the situation. The government has a plan. At the end of this year, China wants to stop using plastic products that people use only once. For example, these products are plastic bags, straws, cutlery, or plates.
In the future, China wants to stop using more plastic products. It is a difficult task. People must change how they think. They must work together.
Difficult words: polluted (dirty), environment (the natural world), cutlery (knives, spoons, and forks).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos