Less Plastic in China – level 2
China announced a plan to reduce its use and production of plastic. By the end of the year, the country wants to completely stop using some single-use plastic products.
In the future, China wants to stop using plastic bags, plastic straws, and plastic tableware. By the end of 2025, China will stop using plastic packaging at postal services and plastic supplies at hotels.
Studies say that China is the biggest plastic producer in the world. China’s Yangtze River contains more plastic than any other river, and all of this plastic gets into the ocean.
China’s official said that it is a long and difficult process to reduce the production of plastic, and all parts of society must work together to do this.
Difficult words: production (when people make things), single-use (something that people use only once and then they throw it away), tableware (plates, knives, spoons, forks, and other things for eating meals).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos