LGBT Groups Take Up Weapons – level 2
In the USA, some LGBT groups have taken up weapons as a reaction to the growth of the extreme right. People say that their groups are about making them feel stronger, able to protect themselves, and help one another.
One woman said that the groups are about teaching people to be armed. A man said that people think of queer people as weak and this is a way to fight that idea.
However, one man said that learning how to fight with weapons creates more problems when so many people have weapons.
Difficult words: LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transsexual people), extreme right (people who want everyone to be the same), queer (a word that describes lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transsexual people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.