Liger Cub Born in Russia – level 2
A Russian zoo had a female tiger but no male tigers, so zookeepers put her with a male lion. The tiger gave birth to a liger, which is one of 30 cubs to be born to a tigress mother and a lion father.
The cub has big blue eyes and is very cute, but he will grow to be bigger than his parents. The heaviest liger is over 400 kilograms. The cub is drinking milk from the zoo’s goat to help him grow.
Difficult words: cub (a baby animal such as a bear or a big cat), tigress (a female tiger).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.