Lights in the Sky – level 3
A streak of light in the night sky over much of the Portland area of Oregon, US, spurred speculation among people. However, the mysterious bright lights weren’t planes or meteors, but they turned out to be debris from a SpaceX rocket.
The rocket was launched in Florida on March 4, and it was one of four SpaceX rockets launched in the last month. However, the rocket failed to perform a deorbit, and it reentered the Earth’s atmosphere at the wrong angle, causing it to burn up and scatter debris across the sky. Weather service officials said that they hadn’t heard of any impacts across the region, and they weren’t sure if some debris fell to the ground.
SpaceX launches happen regularly in California, Texas, and Florida, and for some Americans, it is a common thing to see unidentified rockets, or their debris, whizzing overhead; however, in the Seattle and Portland areas, the spectacle caused delight and bewilderment.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.