Limousine Crash – level 2
Twenty people were killed when a limousine lost control and crashed in the USA. The limousine was carrying a group of four sisters and their friends to a 30th birthday party.
Authorities said that it was the worst US road traffic accident in nearly a decade. An aunt of one of the victims said that she hoped that they did not suffer.
Difficult words: decade (10 years), victim (somebody who dies in an incident), suffer (feel pain for a long time).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos