Line dancing record – level 2
China broke another Guinness World Record. Twenty-five thousand, seven hundred and three people line danced. 17,000 people in Atlanta set the previous world record in 2007.
Elsewhere in Shanghai, people tried to smash the title for the most people to eat breakfast in bed. In London, there was the largest meeting of people who dressed as penguins. And in France, dancers broke the record for the largest number of can-can kicks in 30 seconds.
Difficult words: elsewhere (at some other place), smash (beat), can-can (a dance during which women line up and kick their legs high).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you interested in world records?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos