Little Horse Makes Children Happy – level 2
In New York, a miniature horse visited children and teenagers at a hospital. The patients are victims of tragedies, including a mass shooting which happened in Connecticut in 2012.
The 81-centimetre-tall horse visited only some children. Others were not strong enough so they just watched from their rooms.
Horses are herd animals and they can respond to the emotions of other horses as well as humans. It is things like this which make the children smile and forget about their troubles.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of the little horse?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.