Little Twin Elephants – level 3
Staff from the Amboseli National Park in Kenya welcomed twin elephant calves, as they are the first twins to be born there since 1980, and with recent deaths caused by drought, their birth is great news.
Now the babies are two months old and they stay close to their mother and big sister for safety. People make sure that they are in good health, as well.
There are 58 elephant families at the park and 1,600 elephants in total. Each family consists of female cousins, sisters and grandmothers who are the head of the family. The males leave their families when they are 10–15 years old.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.