Liverpool bomb attack – level 2
A taxi exploded in front of a hospital in Liverpool, UK. The taxi passenger was a 32-year-old man from the Middle East.
He lived in the UK, and he changed his religion from Islam to Christianity in 2017. People said that he was a lovely and quiet man. He died in the explosion inside the taxi.
The driver was in the car, too, but luckily, his injuries were not serious. Some reports said that the driver saw a bomb on the passenger’s chest, and he locked him inside. Police cannot say if this information is true because the driver was too upset to speak to them.
The UK raised its terror threat level. It is now on the second highest level, which means that another attack can happen anywhere in the country.
Difficult words: passenger (a person who travels in a car or on a bus, train, and other vehicles, but he is not the driver), chest (the front part of the body between the stomach and the neck), terror threat level (a level which says how possible a terrorist attack will happen).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.