Liverpool bomb attack – level 3
On Sunday, counter-terrorism police arrested three men after a taxi exploded outside a hospital in Liverpool, UK.
A man died when his homemade bomb exploded, and police said he was 32-year-old Emad Al Swealmeen. Al Swealmeen was an asylum seeker from the Middle East who converted to Christianity in 2017. He was also the passenger of the taxi destroyed in the blast.
The taxi driver went to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries and then he left. Police do not yet have a full story of the incident because the driver was shaken and unable to speak. Some reports said that the driver locked the doors of the taxi before the explosion; however, police haven’t confirmed this yet.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.