Liverpool Wins – level 2
This week, The Liverpool Football Club won the Premier League title. It was a special moment for thousands of Liverpool’s fans, because it was the first top league title since 1990.
A football legend Kenny Dalglish was the coach and player of Liverpool in 1990. 200 miles away from Liverpool’s Anfield stadium, Chelsea beat Man City 2-1. The game took place at an empty stadium, because of the coronavirus pandemic. The result meant that no other team could overtake Liverpool in the league. After the game, 2,000 of Liverpool’s fans came to Anfield, and they started to celebrate.
In the UK, people still must not meet in large groups; however, police did not try to stop the cheering fans.
Difficult words: top league (group of the best teams), legend (the person who is very famous and popular, because he did something great), overtake (when you get past something or someone, because you are faster or better).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos