London Counts Its Animals – level 2
The year 2016 is gone. People think about what they did in the old year and plan for the new year ahead. For London Zoo, the new year means counting every animal – from the biggest cats to the smallest insects.
The zoo must make an inventory every year, but it is also important to know if the animals are reproducing. Then the zoo shares the information with other zoos in the world.
In 2016, many new animals came to London Zoo, including two baby Sumatran tigers.
There are over 18,000 animals in the zoo, but this number is always changing. Counting the animals is not easy either, especially when counting monkeys and fish.
Difficult words: inventory (a list), reproduce (have babies), either (“also” for negative sentences).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos