London Protest – level 2
People in London, England, UK, protested against coronavirus rules and mass vaccination. David Icke was one of the people who organized the protest. Icke is a conspiracy theorist, and he asked people to come to the protest on his Twitter account.
Several thousand people came to Trafalgar Square in central London. Most people did not wear masks, and they did not follow the government rules. The police came and they tried to make people leave the square. Protesters threw bottles at police, and they hurt at least one officer. Police said that they arrested 32 people.
Among the protesters were people who believed that COVID-19 was a hoax. Also, there were people who believed that the 5G network caused COVID-19.
Difficult words: mass vaccination (when many people get a vaccine against a disease or a sickness in a short period of time), conspiracy theorist (someone who believes that an event or situation is a secret plan of powerful people or who believes other unusual ideas), hoax (a trick to make people believe a lie).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos