London Protest – level 3
Violence broke out when police shut down a demonstration against coronavirus restrictions and mass vaccinations in central London, UK.
Several thousand people gathered in Trafalgar Square for the rally; no social distancing was in place and only a few people wore masks. Therefore, police moved in to remove the crowd. Water and bottles were thrown at the officers, with at least one officer ending up injured.
Among the crowds, there were 5G conspiracy theorists and coronavirus skeptics who called for government scientific advisers to be fired, and they declared COVID-19 a hoax. Conspiracy theorist, David Icke, was one of the organizers of the event, and he encouraged people to attend the event on his Twitter account.
Difficult words: 5G conspiracy theorist (a person who believes that the 5G Internet network causes the spread of COVID-19), skeptic (a person who doubts the truth of an idea or belief), hoax (a trick that intends to make people believe or accept a lie).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.