Lonely kittens – level 2
Somebody in England dumped fifteen kittens in a suitcase. All of them are about six weeks old. We don’t know who dumped the kittens because there was no security camera.
The kittens are probably not from one litter because there are so many of them. An organisation which helps animals is taking care of ten of the kittens. The rest is at a private boarding establishment.
Right now, the poor kittens are full of parasites, but we hope that they will go to good homes.
Difficult words: dump (to leave something carelessly), litter (a group of baby animals born to an animal at one time), boarding establishment (business which houses people’s dogs or cats).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.