Long trip with no money – level 2
A man decided to test lessons which he learned from the Dalai Lama and he went on a pilgrimage. He and others went on a 322-kilometre journey from London to Glastonbury.
The people had no money – they wanted to see if it was possible to live through kindness. It seems, that in 21st century Britain, it is.
The man talked about their experience – he said that when you smile at people, take time to understand their story, then they will come forward and are naturally kind. One woman gave them rice and a man brought them all tea. And one time, a person even gave them the keys to his flat!
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What lessons do you think this story teaches us about living in the 21st century?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.