Lost Daughter in China – level 2
In 1994, a Chinese couple turned their backs for a few minutes and their daughter, who was just three years old, was gone. They looked for their child for 24 years. The father became a taxi driver.
He gave out cards to his passengers to help find his daughter.
After 24 years, police found a woman who matched the description. The DNA test later showed that she was the couple’s daughter. The family was finally reunited.
Difficult words: match (fit, be equal to), description (the information about the daughter), reunite (come together again), DNA test (a test that can tell if there is physical information about you such as if you are related to someone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.