Lost dog is found – level 3
A dog has been reunited with his owner after being stranded for a week on the cliffs of a town in Somerset.
Sprig the Springer Spaniel had been missing for more than a week when a Minehead lifeboat crew spotted the pup. The Minehead RNLI found the nine-year-old dog near Fallen Light House hungry and thirsty, but otherwise in good health.
“You go for it!”
“That’s it, Craig! Come on!”
“Just grab him!”
The crew had taken their boat close to the cliffs after noticing what they thought was a sheep trapped, but just as they were turning away, they saw some movement catch their eye.
“How did you get up there?”
“So when you’re ready get as close as you can.
Sprig was perched just 30 feet (9 metres) above water when the crew managed to jump ashore and climb up to him. Once he was moved to safety, he was reunited with his owners who’d organised huge search parties in the area.
Difficult words: stranded (stuck), spot (see), perch (balance), huge (very big), search party (group of people which looks for something or someone lost).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.