Lost Japanese boy is back – level 1
This news is from Japan. A little boy throws rocks at things. His parents are not happy. They want to show him that he did something bad.
The family drives by a forest. His parents tell the boy to get out of the car. They tell him to stand on the side of the road. They drive away without him.
Later, his parents come back, but he is gone. Many people look for him. They look for a week. Finally, people find him at a military hut. They take him to hospital.
Difficult words: gone (away), military (connected with the army), hut (a very small house).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been lost?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.