Love Is in the Air – level 2
Maybe it’s the excitement of the Games or the heat from the sun, but it seems like love is in the air in Rio.
A Chinese diver’s boyfriend proposed to her whilst on the podium. Her boyfriend said that his heart was beating so hard because he did not know what she would say. Thankfully, she said yes.
This comes after a Brazilian rugby sevens player’s girlfriend proposed to her on the pitch after the grand final. Other Olympic love birds include a British 20-kilometre race walker who proposed to his boyfriend on Copacabana Beach and an American triple jumper who proposed to his girlfriend after winning a silver medal in his event.
And this is not just the Olympians – the rest of the city is feeling the love, too. There must be something in the water in Rio.
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.