Lucky Bus Driver – level 2
A bus driver from New Mexico, USA is lucky to be alive. He was driving without his seat belt when a pickup truck ran a red light and hit the bus.
Luckily, there were no passengers on the bus at the time of the accident. The driver suffered only cuts and grazes. Both drivers were taken to hospital. Police say that the truck driver was not drunk at the time.
Difficult words: seat belt (a belt a person wears in a vehicle to keep him in his seat), run a red light (to keep going at a red traffic light), graze (when your skin has a little damage).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you wear the seat belt in the car?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos