Lucky Bus Driver – level 3
A bus driver in New Mexico was not wearing his seat belt when a pickup truck allegedly ran a red light, sending the driver through the windscreen.
Miraculously, the bus driver only suffered cuts and grazes, and fortunately, there were no passengers onboard the bus. Both drivers went to hospital.
The city transit department released the dramatic footage of the incident.
Difficult words: allegedly (according to what people say), windscreen (glass at the front of a vehicle), miraculously (luckily and amazingly), graze (a little injury of the skin).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you wear the seat belt in the car?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos