Lungs Transplant – level 1
This news is about a little girl. She is from Britain. She is very ill. She cannot breathe well. She is always in hospital. She needs new lungs.
This is a problem. It can take years to find a good donor for her. However, she is lucky. Her match comes in days.
The operation is hard. Her lungs are very small.
The operation goes well. She is fine now. She is home and happy.
Difficult words: need (if you need something, it is very good to have it), lungs (the organ which is for getting air in your body), donor (somebody who can give you his or her organ), match (things that match work well together).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos