Malcolm X’s Death – level 2
55 years ago, someone shot US civil rights leader Malcolm X in New York City, USA. People remember him for the changes he made for himself and for black people.
He was born Malcolm Little in 1925; he changed his name after he converted to Islam in prison.
He was a spokesman for the US black community’s struggles. He said that black people fought to keep the US free, but the police beat them because they wanted to live “like decent human beings.” The US government did not like Malcolm X due to his activities.
For years, people have talked about Malcolm X’s death. Recently, Netflix made a show about it, and people may investigate again what happened.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.