Man Behind an ATM – level 2
A man in Texas was working behind an ATM when he got stuck inside it.
His phone was in his car so he could not call for help. He slipped notes to customers asking them for help. Most people thought that this was a joke, but one person called the police.
The police came and could hear ‘a little voice coming from the machine’. One officer kicked down a door and saved the man.
Difficult words: ATM (a machine which gives you cash), stuck (not able to get out), slip (put through the machine).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos