Man Destroys COVID-19 Vaccine – level 3
On Thursday, police arrested a pharmacist at a hospital in Wisconsin, US, on suspicion of sabotaging more than 500 doses of a coronavirus vaccine.
When the misplaced vials were found, the pharmacist said that it was an unintentional error. However, later he admitted to removing the vaccine from cold storage in order to spoil it. Some of the doses were given to people before hospital officials determined that the medication had been left unrefrigerated for long enough to become ineffective. The medication was made by the company Moderna, and the remaining doses had to be thrown away.
Moderna assured the hospital that those doses that were injected posed no safety issue to people. The pharmacist didn’t tamper with the vaccine in any other way other than removing it from refrigeration.
Difficult words: sabotage (to deliberately destroy or damage), vial (a small glass container that is used for holding liquid medicines), tamper (to secretly make changes in something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos