Man Drives into the Ocean – level 3
An alleged car thief in Australia chose an unusual way to attempt to avoid the law. Following a two-hour car chase in Perth, the man stopped the vehicle to deflate the tyre pressure before driving towards the beach. He then drove into the ocean.
As the vehicle began to sink, the man climbed out of a window and attempted to swim off. Officers were forced to wade into the waves in order to catch their suspect whose out-of-the-box escape tactic ultimately failed.
Difficult words: alleged (so-called by some people), attempt (to try), deflate (to let out some gas), tyre (a thick rubber ring that fits around the wheel of a car), wade (to walk through water that is not deep), out-of-the-box (unusual and creative).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about the man driving into the ocean?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos