Man Eats Pancakes in the Street – level 3
Florida police charged 21-year-old Kieran Thomas because he blocked a road while he sat in a chair at a table and ate pancakes. Police knew that he did this because he posted a video of it on Facebook.
The formal charge was obstruction of the road and disruption of traffic. Although police did not arrest the prankster, they asked him to appear in court over his crepes.
Difficult words: obstruction (when something blocks something else), disruption (disorganising, disturbing something), prankster (a person who does pranks to try to be funny), crepe (a French word for pancake).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.