Man finds a Viking treasure – level 1
A man from Scotland was a businessman. He does not work anymore now. He tries to find treasure. He found 322 coins this year. Now, he finds more treasure.
It is from the Vikings. It is from the 9th or 10th century. It is worth 1 million pounds.
Experts come to the treasure. They want to find more things.
Difficult words: was (past of “be”), treasure (some things which are historical and important), found (past of “find”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever found anything?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos