Man Flies Out of the Car – level 3
A pickup truck lost control at a high speed while overtaking, flipped over around six times, and scattered debris and tyres across the road and grass.
The dash cam in the car which the truck overtook captured the incident, including the moment that the passenger flew out of the truck.
He hurled into the air like a rag doll from a side window before landing on the road. Then you can see the driver getting out of the truck when it finally comes to a stop and running towards his passenger. Incredibly, the flying man survived with only broken bones and is said to be in a stable condition.
At the time of the accident, there was little traffic along the road, so no other vehicles were involved. The local media reported that the driver may have been under the influence of alcohol.
Difficult words: overtaking (when a car passes another car that is driving slower than it is), scatter (throw around), debris (pieces of something broken), dashcam (a camera on a dashboard – the flat front area in front of the driver), hurl (throw quickly), rag doll (a soft doll made from pieces of cloth), influence (power).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Have you seen an accident like this one?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.