Man Gets a New Face – Level 2
After a gun accident, a man’s face was extremely deformed. When a second man died in 2012 after a car accident, his family decided to donate his face to the first man.
The surgery was successful and the first man has a new face now. The sister of the second man came to meet the man with the new face. A TV show filmed their meeting and the sister said that he had the face of the person that she grew up with.
This surgery was important as human bodies usually reject other people’s skin or body parts.
Difficult words: to be deformed (when the shape of your body is changed), donate (to give), reject (when your body attacks a new body part and it makes you very sick or can kill you).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about that the man’s new face?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos